Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 11 White Water In Moab

Day 11: White Water in Moab


Today started like any other, up at 7:30 am mdt, and had the continental breakfast (if you can really call what they had breakfast.) They had coffee, tea, nuitrigrain bars, and some packaged Danishes. I scarfed down a Danish and a nutrigrain bar, had some tea and it was off to the Colorado River for some white water rafting.

Besides the fact that I had to lived without any technology for 5 hrs (including my camera) the trip down the river was fun. We rode with two other families and two guides. The river was way more mellow than I would have liked, but we all talked and had a few water fights with the other boats, and generally had a good time. I jumped out of the boat for a little bit and swam along side taking pictures with a disposable camera I bought. (I'll have to get those processed and post em later.)



After the rafting trip we rode the bus back to Moab. Newton got a bath to wash off the dirt from the ride through Monument Valley. He was very happy to be clean again, at least for a little while. After Newton’s bath I took one myself then had a nice Mexican lunch before heading to Canyonlands National Park. The canyons were amazing as usual, but again I will let the pictures speak for themselves.





For dinner we went to our favorite place so far on the trip, The Moab Brewery. They had about 14 local brewed beers on tap. I had a Moab Burger, which was delicious and tried a few of the beers. We decided to get a growler of the Pilsner and take it back to the room to drink and watch some fireworks. Another more laid back day on the road enjoying some of what this country has to offer on her birthday.

Happy 4th of July! (Sorry I know this is a few days late.)


Yoda a Jedi Master who loves beer! Click below to see more.

2 comments:

  1. Your Canyons PIX make for great windows backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you put up the ones of you in the water!!

    ReplyDelete