Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 18, Almost Home!

Day 18, Almost Home


Woke up in Ohio this morning just 9 hours away from West Chester. We had our last continental breakfast and all I know is that I am so over motel waffles! After we packed off the car it was off to PA for our stop, Falling Water.

When we got to the house I was surprise at what a big setup they had, there's a cafe, gift shop, and gallery. I grabbed my final post cards from the gift shop and then we waited for our tour.

The house was amazing, my favorite on this trip. The whole thing is built over this water fall in Western PA. In the center of the house in front of a fireplace there was a huge boulder sticking up out of the floor that they built the house around. Every room just led you visually strait out into the woods. There were huge concrete terraces the jutted out over the falls, 4 fireplaces, like 6 balconies, a spring fed pool, three maids/ personal assistants. If I could live anywhere I would live here!


We leave Falling Water and head east. The closer I get to WC the more I start to finally recognize my surroundings. We finally pull off the PA Turnpike down Route 100 and into the driveway. Its exciting to finally be somewhere familiar but somethings missing.........

No comments:

Post a Comment