Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 17, Land Of Lincoln

Day 17: Land of Lincoln


Our trip is quickly drawing to a close. Left Wisconsin this morning at 8:20am still headed east. Our destination for the day is Chicago to see the birthplace of my siblings and of course to have Chicago pizza with the lovely Amy <>. I haven’t seen Amy in almost 4 years so it was about time we caught up.




The weather was really the worst we've had since we left Pa 17 days ago. We pulled onto the city and stopped at Pizzanos for pizza. I had a beer and chatted with Amy about life and school for a while. After we had lunch and bid Amy goodbye we headed to Dalton IL, where my family spent their first few years before the dark times, before me! It was nice to see where they had lived and hear stores about the old days from the old man.




Another day on the road, and another day closer to home. I can almost taste that Nathans hotdog and it's delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment