Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 14, Yippie-Kai-Yay

Day 14: Yippie-Kai-Yay


Ever spent a lot of time in the middle of nowhere doing nothing? Well welcome to Casper Wyoming. Woke up late today 9:30 to be exact, and oh how sweet it was. Most of the day I sat in the room watching the Michael Jackson Memorial. I so want a casket like his when my day comes!

Spent a little time in the afternoon at the town fair, but the real excitement for the day and our reason for being in Casper was for the Rodeo. I’ve never been to one, and wow I feel like my life just started today.


We had seats right behind the cattle chutes, which was the equivalent of seats behind home plate at a baseball game.


The place smelled something awful but once I got a beer and got over that it was sweet. Highlights for the evening were; The Sheep Ride, and the bull ride. The Sheep ride is where little kids grab on to a sheep with their arms around the neck and legs around the waist and hold on while the sheep tries (and very quickly succeeds) to buck them off. The bull ride is self-explanatory but a couple of things I feel are worth mention are the rodeo clowns (aka bull fighters) who get right up in the bull’s face are bad ass. They actually get right in the bulls way and push them back with their hand! Second thing, the bull tends to crap everywhere while stuck in that little stall which was friggin gross. Sorry but I feel that since I had to live through it you should too.




That about wraps up Wyoming. The rest of our trip is mostly driving and only one stop a day so I feel that our stories are coming to a close quickly.

1 comment: