Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 9 & 10, Halfway Home

Day 9: Halfway Home


We have reached our furthest point, this little crack in the ground they call the Grand Canyon. It looks pretty small to me! Had a relaxing day, read about Deaths at the Grand Canyon (thanks to a book recommendation by my beautiful lady, Christine), went for a hike, and took some sweet pictures.

There is only one bed in the cabin were staying at. I am so sleeping on the floor! Anyway that’s really all for today, enjoy the pictures.















The red ridge in the middle of the image is Cedar Ridge where we hiked out to.

Day 10

Woke up at 5:45 am mst, and watched the sunrise over the canyon. I was dazed after sleeping on the floor last night but it was pretty sweet. Went for a little hike after that but The Old Man couldn't keep up and it was becoming blazing hot so we didn't go too far. After the hike I hit the showers and then it was back in the car after a relaxing couple of days.


Next stop was Monument valley, my favorite stop so far. We drove around the park, so not equipped with the right car! Newton got so dusty I think the old man had a heart attack!
Stopped at the ranch cookhouse for dinner where we met Bonnie and the gang. The cook, Dave had some sweet tats, way more than me, which was unusual for the last week. I had country fried steak (ummmm) and It was one of the best meals yet. Finally arrived at the Apache hotel in Moab, Utah. We’re going rafting tomorrow which should be bitchin.





I’m gonna go relax and watch Jeff Dunham. Thinking of you Krista and Cliff (cause they love that guy.)


Yoda is just making friends all over. Click the image below to check in on his adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome PIXS
    Bring back some RED moon dust!

    BRING BACK THE HUMOR!!!!

    NO OLD MAN jokes ....
    You're obviously getting tired of the road ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in the first picture. You love mountains!!

    ReplyDelete