Friday, July 10, 2009

First Officers Log: Day 13, The Sky is Falling

Day 13: The Sky is Falling


Woke up at 7:30 am mdt, got out of bed, showered and then back on the road. We stopped for breakfast at this little coffee shop in town. I ordered a bacon egg and cheese on a croissant. I don’t know why I did this, I mean I miss Brooklyn and my weekly BEC sandwiches but this place was nothing compared to the ones I get back home. Regardless I ate it and then we headed to Rocky Mountain National Park, our second to last National Park. We found out from a park ranger this morning that the traffic we were stuck in yesterday was the worst on record (just our luck!)

The drive through the park was a endless road climbing up the mountains with no guard rail and 500-1000 foot drops of the side. A little freaky but the views rocked! It was much colder than it’s been this whole trip. We rode with the top down and I almost froze to my seat.


Adams Falls





After we left the park we headed north to Wyoming. The weather was crazy, all around I saw storm clouds and the rain was coming and going the whole way on one side and sunny sky's the other. A few miles in it started hailing really hard. I thought we had driven into an asteroid field. Newton came out without a scratch so don’t you worry.

The weather when we pull into Wyoming.



Check out the clouds from the hail storm we rode through.


We stopped at Ayres Natural Bridge, (finally the Old Man got to see a Natural Bridge.) The bridge was the local hangout for the town so we just took some pictures and headed back on the road.

That's me at the top!


Our final destination is Casper, WY at the Super 8. Best room I think we’ve had this whole trip. Tomorrow is a lax day so I am looking forward to getting some rest! Rodeo tomorrow night, gonna wrasle us some steer!

No comments:

Post a Comment